You might ask about the costs to install recessed lighting for your home. Well. Installing recessed lighting is not an easy project.
You need the help of an electrician. It can be so dangerous to do it by hand. Some people with intermediate skills can do it.
However, a beginner can not do it alone. It will be better for you to hire an electrician to install them.
Then, a new question comes. Why is recessed lighting so expensive?
The Costs To Install Recessed Lighting
When you hire electricians, they will charge you. It is around $200 to $300 per light.
Unfortunately, most recessed lights installed in multiple. So, you can not ask the electrician to install one recessed light.
The cost will be around $1,000 to $1,500 for five lights. For ten lights, it is around $2,000 to $3,000. Consider the price of a recessed light itself.
It will cost you around $15 to $30. Then, don’t forget about the electrical cable as well. So, make sure that you have the budget before installing recessed lighting.
Overall, the cost to install recessed lighting in the existing ceiling is around $3,500.
Can a handyman install recessed lighting?
The one with intermediate DIY skills can do it well. Pay attention to your skills. If you are a beginner, don’t do it alone.
This project is for an electrician or someone with similar skills.
Before deciding to install recessed lights to the ceiling, consider these things!
The circuits for installing the lights
There might be an existing circuit that already powers a ceiling fan. In this term, you don’t have to create a new circuit.
Just continue the run of lights with new recessed lights. If you need to run a new circuit, take an electrical cable. Then, run it from the electric service panel.
Choose the right lights
The bulb will give a high-quality light to your room. You can choose the IC-rated recessed lights for ceilings.
These lights are better than the non-IC-rated ones that should have clearance in the ceiling area. Check out the bulb on your hand!
Time to install the recessed lights
So, how to install recessed lighting in the existing ceiling? Are you ready to install recessed lights by hand? Follow this step!
• Prepare the tools needed like voltage tester, wire ripper, wire stripper, and side-cutting pliers. Don’t forget to prepare the drywall jab saw too. Then, protection tools like eye and breathing protection.
• Prepare the materials needed as electrical cable and the recessed lights.
• Cut the hole in the ceiling by using a jab saw.
• Run wiring to ceiling hole carefully. This process will define your success in installing the recessed light.
• Attach the wire to the recessed light. Then, install the light into the ceiling hole.
• Add the recessed light trim soon. After that, add the right bulb.
• The last, wire the circuit to the service panel.
So, how long does it take to install recessed lighting? It depends on your skills. The one with intermediate skills will need around 30 to 45 minutes.